We are on a mission to bring precision medicine to the immune system with AI using our immunophenotyping platform. We are a highly committed and innovative VC-backed startup consisting of 20+ competent individuals who are passionate about leveraging technology to make a meaningful impact on healthcare. We do this using our browser-based software that laboratory personnel (such as hematopathologists) use to receive AI-based recommendations from flow cytometry-based blood tests. Our technology has the potential to positively change the lives of millions of people every year by improving diagnostic quality, early cancer diagnosis and further diagnostic insights currently unavailable to clinicians.
We're seeking a visionary and accomplished Director of Machine Learning (DML) to lead our ML efforts and drive the development of pioneering AI algorithms into clinical flow cytometry.
What you’ll be doing
Your mission will be to ensure that all our systems, people, teams, and processes are built, driven forward, and maintained to rapidly deliver novel, high-quality algorithms into production. You will:
- lead and manage the ML teams
- define our data and ML strategy, roadmap and/or milestones from overall company strategy
- help our AI engineers develop cutting-edge models and bring these into production
- closely work with our accomplished scientific founder Dr. Franz Elsner who has decades of experience in statistics and ML
- co-design changes to our MLOps stack and model architecture(s)
- apply your strong project management and communication skills within the team and with other stakeholders
- work with compliance for e.g. HIPAA/GDPR, ISO13485 and other regulatory submissions
What we offer
- a very motivated team
- five highly competent ML engineers
- a clear mission where ML can positively change the world
- top-of-the-line tech stack, including CI/CD, TDD, cloud engineering on GCP, TensorFlow, PyTorch, ZenML, etc.
- stock-option program
- many opportunities for growth, as our team expands
- remote-first work communication, with about half the company being centrally located in Munich
What you bring to the table
- A strong entrepreneurial mindset: you’re excited to build things that further our mission and help our users.
- Multiple years of IC work in statistics or ML, production ML is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience in leading data and ML teams.
- Deep knowledge of statistics and ML.
- Experience with medical image analysis, genetic data and/or clinical data is a strong plus.
- Very strong project management and communication skills.
- Could-have/should-have: Experience in development within a highly regulated environment such as automotive, healthcare or similar (e.g. ISO13485 or HIPAA) is a plus.
How to apply
- Send your resume to email@example.com
- Share your GitHub profile or other demonstrables, if you have them
- We follow this hiring process
- Scheduled starting date: February 2024